Cancellation & reschedule policy - We have a 25% non refundable deposit that is required at time of reservation. Remaining balance is due 10 days before event date. If the event is canceled by customer or AZ Discount Party Rentals for any reason, 25% deposit will not be refunded. If event is canceled with in 6-10 days prior to event, we will provide a 75% credit to be used towards your next event. Event would need to be scheduled 1 year from original event date and is non transferable. If credit is not used, it would be lost. If event is canceled 0-5 days before event, 100% of payment would be non refundable nor will any future credit be given. If bad weather is present the day of the party (heavy rain above 40% or high wind above 15mph) you will be charged 50% of total rental price.
The other 50% charge will remain as usable credit for 1 year from the original party date and is non-transferable. No credit or refunds for unused time due to weather on all delivered items. Cancellations must be received in writing. We will send written confirmation.
Bad weather policy does not apply to indoor events or rental items not affected by the weather. Our bad weather policy does not include temperatures that are too hot or too cold.
Management at AZ Discount Party Rentals will make the final decision on weather related cancellations. The final decisions will normally not be made until 24 hours before the party date and or time in most cases because the weather can change and regular news and weather related information is not always correct or from a good source. We use the following formulas in making our weather related decisions.
1. The size and type of event requiring time to reschedule or plan.
2. The safety of the event like high wind, lightning or soggy ground.
3. The type of rain expected: Possible Showers, Few Showers, Scattered Showers, Light Showers, Showers, Possible Rain or Scattered Rain 60% or less during your party times are not grounds for cancellation. Rain, Thunder Storms or Severe Storms 61% or more during your party times do qualify. Dance floors can not be used if chance or rain is higher than 20% or if ground is wet.
4. The percentage and type of rain expected during your event times.
5. The estimated wind speed including wind gusts measured by local airport radars and or intellicast.com for your area or party location.
6. The type of item(s) rented.
7. Many other factors are computed in making decisions about cancelling a party and we have years of experience with outdoor event planning. No one likes a bad weather on their party day. We use several sources for weather information but the 2 main sources are weather.com and intellicast.com and make sure to use the details or hour by hour sections. All weather sites give the highest measurements for rain, wind, temperature, etc. but the rain or wind reading could be from 1am to 3am for example leaving for a really nice day.
8. We will do our best to accommodate our customers’ needs if we can by following our detailed policy stated above or in your written agreement. We want you as a customer for life but cannot allow cancellations or changes for the slight chance of showers or rain.
9. Since we rent and deliver products all over the state of Arizona and sometimes to surrounding states having additional resources available for last minute schedule changes or wait and see are not always available.